The Old School is located at the edge of the village on the gated road that leads to the hamlet of Wycomb. Today, Goadby’s pretty School House has found a new life as the Village Hall. It is used for community events such as the annual Goadby Day, and can be hired by residents and non-residents for private parties and weddings.
Goadby Marwood Hall in the centre of the village is the likely site of the medieval Manor of Goadby mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. The majority of the building we see today dates from around the mid-1700s and the beautifully restored gardens are open to the public as part of The National Garden Scheme.
The village church of St. Denys dates from the 13th Century and sits in small but beautiful grounds near Goadby Marwood Hall. The church has a regular congregation of worshippers, and is part of the circuit of villages that also includes Chadwell, Eastwell, Eaton, Scalford and Wycomb.
One of Goadby Marwood’s most beautiful houses, the grade II listed Old Rectory, stands at the west end of the village next to St. Denys’ Church. The current façade dates from around 1750 although records suggest there may have been a house on the site from at least the mid-1500s.
White Lodge is located about half a mile north of Goadby village, standing at the junction of the Waltham to Eastwell Road and Green Lane, an original Roman road, which continues to Goadby Marwood and joins the ancient Salt Way.
One of the older properties in Goadby Marwood, The Laurels is a large farmhouse occupying a prominent position at the western end of the village opposite St. Denys’ Church. We do not know exactly when the house was built, but the large barn to the rear and parts of the original dwelling appear on the Tithe Survey of 1839, which describes the property as a croft.